Since its founding in 2003, the Alliance has been working to advance a smart growth agenda focused on:
- Placemaking and Zoning: Creating vibrant public spaces and healthy communities
- Housing: Increasing housing choices and affordability
- Transportation: Improving our transportation systems
- Economic Development: Promoting equitable community development and job creation
- Environment and Preservation: Protecting our natural resources, parks, and working landscapes.
In cities and towns across the state, the people of Massachusetts are making public decisions about how to build great neighborhoods and a strong future. We want to protect our natural resources, enjoy healthy and welcoming places to live, and increase prosperity and economic opportunity.
In short, we support residents, organizations, and public and private leaders working to improve their communities and regions.