Job posting: Outreach DirectorAugust 27, 2013
Transportation for Massachusetts and Transportation for America are seeking an experienced Outreach Director to develop support for better transportation from Massachusetts-based businesses, institutions, community-based organizations and elected officials. The Outreach Director will work with the national field team at Transportation for America and the state coalition, Transportation for Massachusetts. Additional background available at t4america.org and t4ma.org.
- Develop and enhance relationships with employers, business associations, medical and educational institutions, and municipal leaders throughout the state, and work with these potential allies on shared federal and state policy goals for both T4A and T4MA.
- Coordinate the outreach efforts of Transportation for Massachusetts coalition members. Understand the strategies and work of our 35 member groups, develop synergies between members’ work, and coordinate joint action and mobilization of grassroots and grasstops supporters.
- Serve as the local voice and spokesperson for Transportation for America and serve as the local lead for releases of T4A reports.
- Manage a project to develop constituencies for improving regional transit in selected Gateway Cities.
Core skills and qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, organized, excellent follow-through
- Strong relationships with businesses, institutions and municipal leaders
- Experience working in coalition
Other desired skills:
- Superior writing skills for earned media
- Understanding of transportation, climate and social equity issues
- Social media communications skills
Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Flexible work arrangement possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Transportation for America and Transportation for Massachusetts are equal opportunity employers and we welcome diversity among our staff and membership.