Creating and Sustaining a 21st Century DowntownNovember 6, 2015
When: 8am on Tuesday, November 17. Where: MassHousing, 1 Beacon St. Boston.
Residents, retailers and municipalities alike benefit from walkable, vibrant downtowns. How does a city or town center become a place where people want to work, shop, dine, walk, bike and live? This forum will include experts on innovative strategies and tools for creating, managing and funding such places. Join a lively and interactive discussion focused on practical tools and strategies.
Moderator: Paul Matthews, 495/MetroWest Partnership
- Marco Li Mandri, New City America (district management)
- Sarah Kurpiel Lee, MAPC (parking strategies)
- Theresa Park, City of Lawrence (business recruitment, housing & placemaking)
- Laura Canter, MassDevelopment (financing tools)
- Andre Leroux, Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance (joining panel for discussion)
8:00-8:30am Networking (baked goods & coffee)
Who should attend: Local business advocates, municipal planners and economic development staff, Main Streets groups, and anyone else working to create a strong local business district!
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Building security will have your name, but please bring your photo ID.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
One Beacon is a block from the Park Street T station. There is also a One Beacon Garage with an early bird rate.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Larry Field: [email protected]