The Massachusetts Smart Growth Conference returns to the DCU Center in Worcester on May 18, 2017. To see the program and register, click here.
Questions? Email Anabelle Rondon at [email protected]
Scroll down for last year’s conference presentations.
Presentations from the conference are now available to download:
How Can Public Health and Active Transportation Transform Real Estate?
- Halley Reeves, Office of Community Health Planning and Engagement, Mass Dept. of Public Health – Presentation – Video
- James Errickson, Director, Department of Community & Economic Development, Town of Natick
- Jay Minkarah, President & CEO, Develop Springfield – Presentation
- Gina Foote, CLF Ventures, Healthy Neighborhoods Equity Fund – Presentation
- Jessica Del Rosario, Project Director, Massachusetts Convergence Partnership
How Do You Manage Your Traffic and Parking Crisis?
- Josh Ostroff, Partnerships Director, Transportation for Massachusetts
- Sarah Kurpiel Lee, Senior Transportation Engineer/Planner, MAPC – Presentation
- Jason Schreiber, Principal, Nelson Nygaard Consulting Associates – Presentation
- Monica Tibbits-Nutt, Executive Director, 128 Business Council – Presentation
Landscapes and Green Infrastructure: Can Nature Save Us in an Era of Climate Change?
- Nancy Goodman, Vice President for Policy, Environmental League of Massachusetts
- Darci Schofield, Urban Program Director, Trust for Public Land – Presentation
- Robert Perschel, Executive Director, New England Forestry Foundation – Presentation
- David Queeley, Director of Eco-Innovation, Codman Square NDC – Presentation
- Katherine England, Project Coordinator, Boston Water and Sewer Commission – Presentation
What Does Your Community Want to Be When It Grows Up?
- Joshua Croke, Co-Founder, Action Worcester
- Helena Fruscio, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology, EOHED – Presentation
- Chris Ryan, Community Development and Planning Manager, Central Mass Regional Planning Commission – Presentation
- Betsy Loring, Director of Exhibits, Ecotarium – Presentation
- Pedro Miguel Soto, City Planner, City of Peabody – Presentation
Is Housing a Municipal Budget-Buster?
- Mayor Donna Holaday, City of Newburyport
- Gov. Glendening, President of Smart Growth America’s Leadership Institute and former Governor of Maryland (1995-2003) – Presentation
- Mike Hogan, President & CEO, A.D. Makepeace – Presentation
- Michael Goodman, Executive Director, Public Policy Center, UMass Dartmouth – Presentation
Are Mixed-Income and Mixed-Race Communities Possible?
- Marcy Ostberg, Co-lead, Housing Innovation Lab, City of Boston – Presentation
- Bonnie Heudorfer, Fair Housing Consultant – Presentation
- Jennifer Van Campen, Executive Director, MetroWest CDC – Presentation
- Karen Kelleher, Deputy Director, MassHousing – Presentation
How much power should residents have to shape development?
- Ines Palmarin, Local Initiatives Support Corporation-Boston
- Allentza Michel, Fairmount/Indigo Network Coordinator, LISC-Boston – Presentation
- Karin Brandt, Principal, CoUrbanize
- Susan Connelly, Director of Community Assistance, Mass Housing Partnership – Presentation
- Arline Rosario, Resident leader, Worcester Common Ground
Can Downtowns and Main Streets Drive Economic Growth Once More?
- Kyla Pacheco, Co-Founder, Action Worcester and Worcester Idea Lab
- Sarah La Cour, Executive Director, Amherst BID
- Jen Faigel, Executive Director, Commonwealth Kitchen
- Marianne Paley, Owner, Everett Mills and Founding Executive Board Member, Lawrence Partnership
Beyond Sprawl: Are There New Models for Suburban and Small Town Smart Growth?
- Stephanie Danielson, Assistant Planning Director, Easton
- Nate Kelly, Principal Planner, Horsley Whitten – Presentation
- Joseph Zink, President and CEO, Atlantic Management – Presentation
- David Wluka, Owner, Wluka Real Estate Corp and Past President, Massachusetts – Presentation
- Realtors Association
How Do You Nurture Great, Innovative Places? – Welcome slides
- Jennifer Erickson, Regional Planner, Metropolitan Area Planning Council and Ceramic Artist – Presentation
- Erin Williams, Cultural Development Director, City of Worcester – Presentation
- Mark Favermann, Founder, Favermann Design – Presentation
- Kenneth Bailey, Principal Sector Strategy, DS4SI – Presentation
- Kara Elliott-Ortega, Director of Planning and Policy at the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture, City of Boston – Presentation
The Transforming Power of Making Your Community More Walkable Dan Burden, Director of Innovation and Inspiration at Blue Zones, LLC – Presentation
Claim your AICP and AIA Credits
For AICP credits go to this link: https://www.planning.org/events/eventmulti/9104675/ For AIA credits, please contact Ethan Anthony so he can take care of registering the credits for you. Ethan will need your AIA number along with seminars you attended.
Questions about the conference?
We are happy to help! E-mail us.